Birdwell School Uniform
At Birdwell School we would like our children to feel part of a community. For this reason, we encourage the wearing of school uniform. We request that parents support us in enforcing this policy whenever possible.
Uniform with the Birdwell logo can be purchased from School Togs in Nailsea. Children can alternatively wear plain items which can be purchased from any high street shop or supermarket.
Our uniform is as follows:
- Red or white polo shirt
- Dark grey bottoms: trousers, shorts or skirt
- Red jumper or cardigan
- Dark grey pinafore dress
- Red or grey tights or white socks in summer
- Red and white gingham dress in summer
- Plain black shoes or plain black trainers. Please note, in reception these must be velcro or self-fastening. No laces please
- Stud earrings only
- Pupils are allowed to wear a watch if they wish but smart watches are not acceptable
Our P.E uniform is as follows:
- Red t-shirt with Birdwell logo or plain
- Red sweatshirt with Birdwell logo or plain
- Black jogging bottoms, black leggings or black shorts. Please note, that these must be plain. Logos or football badges are not acceptable.
- Sports trainers (any colour). Please note in reception these must be velcro or self-fastening. No laces please.
Children need to come to school wearing their P.E kit on the days that they have P.E (please see class pages for P.E timetable).
Every child is placed in one of our five School Houses. House colours are worn for some events, eg for sports days.
House colours are as follows:
- Jupiter = green
- Mars = red
- Neptune = blue
- Saturn = orange
- Venus = purple